Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama???

Okay, so I have a lot to catch up on. Let's start with the move. Being the smarties that we are, we decided to move on a Thursday. Why? Because we just wanted to get the move over with. The trip was supposed to be 6 1/2 hours and ended up being 9 1/2 hours, BUT the timing of it all worked out great and Abram did AWESOME. We get to Alabama on Thursday afternoon and everyone (that was supposed to help) is at work, the missionaries from our church show up after we stalked them down and helped move everything in (bless their skinny little hearts). After we got a little settled, we decided to go out to eat, because we had no groceries, much less knew where a grocery store was. We found the Olive Garden. SO exciting that it was 5:00pm and that we would beat all of the crowds-there we go in our grubby moving attire and the wait was an hour and 15 minutes......um, no thanks. SO we found a steakhouse, the wait was 1 hour and a half-unless Abram would like to demonstrate his vocal displeasure of standing still for a long period of time, I didn't think so. WHY was it 5:00 and the wait was so long? Why was everybody so dressed up while we were so grubby? Do you have to dress up to go out to eat in Alabama? Does everybody get off work early on Thursdays here? Well, we found a Chick-fil-a where there were no lines and ate there. There were little cute families all around, and all seemed to be wearing red......so you have to get off work early, dress up in red, and make sure you have reservations if you want to go out to eat on Thursdays.......so there we were and I was thinking and it came to me "Kris, it's Valentine's Day." and we both started laughing. Kris said "I bet everybody thought I was such a scrub trying to get a last minute dinner in." and we toasted our lemonades to a Happy Valentine's Day, and went home to be overwhelmed. We have a nice house which is close to an awesome playground, and it stopped raining for a day last week to go and explore. We had a blast and made a couple of friends which I need to call. You all I am 15-20 minutes from a Target and the most beautiful Walmart I have ever seen. I am so excited for Saturday because our church is having an Easter Egg hunt and Abram will be old enough to hunt for eggs-not that I am competitive or anything (wink) but we may start practicing this week. Things are so far so good, but I really miss my friends in Rincon, (and Knoxville too). Funny story though, my friend in Tennessee-her church just hired a youth minister and she was talking to his wife and they are from Savannah-well my friend continued to talk to her about how I lived in Rincon for a year and she said the youth minister's wife's eyes lit up and she said she was born and raised in Rincon! It's a small world after all. I have more stories and pics to share when I get this all figure out!

2 comments:

I am LoW said...

SOOOO funny about Valentine's! HaHa!!
We sure miss you!!! Come back!! Or post more, one or the other, please. ;-D

andrea said...

Really funny! I'm so glad you are blogging! I've missed you.