Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Don't worry.....

I will remember all of the "little people" in my life when my son is drafted into the NBA. Abram is obsessed with basketball. It all started when I wanted to help him learn to crawl-I bought him a ball, he wanted it, he'd crawl to get it, etc. Well then I joined a gym (in Rincon), at first it was hard for him to stay in the nursery area. One of his "teachers" would shoot baskets while holding him and that was the only way he wouldn't cry (he was 10 months old, and just as a side note, I didn't make him suffer, in fact, the week before we left he wanted to go home with one of his teachers instead of me, yah-I didn't want to die or anything). From that point on, he was obsessed. We were at church early one Wednesday night and the boys were playing basketball, I wanted to see what he would do, so I took him into the gym-he was in awe. Jaw dropped, goofiest grin, clapping his hands, screaming bloody murder when we had to leave the gym, etc. he was hooked. My parents bought him a little tikes basketball goal for Christmas. We couldn't take it on the plane with us, so he didn't get it until his past weekend when we went to visit. Seriously, he LOVES it, and he's pretty good. He actually (accidentally) shot it in today (mostly he prefers slam dunks). This is to our despair, because neither Kris nor I play basketball-in fact, putting it lightly we suck-unless we are playing little tikes, that is a whole different ball game (ha..... ha...... ha). I will have you know that I am already making up cheers to embarrass him to the tune of "We Will Rock You", I am SO going to be that mom. FYI Carrie I am feeling your pain, because my camera is acting up, hopefully I will get it working and post some pics this weekend. Just think, you all can say "I knew him when....."

3 comments:

Carrie Maseda said...

I know, I had no idea what to do with myself when my camera wasn't working, that is, until I got my new whamma jamma camera; now I can't seem to stop taking pictures! I also understand about b-ball; Braden also loves it, but his daddy does know how to play. If you need him to get a few free b-ball lesson, head this way and Rich, I mean Bishop Maseda (still weird to say), can teach Abram a thing or two; we girls can keep you entertained while you are here! What do you say to another crazy round of Curses?!

I am LoW said...

What? Did someone say Curses???

Only... and ONLY of Carried gets the "dance everytime you talk" card.

HAHAHA

(I miss Abram SO much)

Beth said...

you know that I am laughing out loud right right, right?