Sunday, July 3, 2011

Our "Garden"

Summer check list: Plant Veggies
Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures when they were wee babes. But just as an idea, I bought the veggies at lowes, and the herbs at Walmart. You know what they looked like-pretty small.  I have always wanted to have a garden, but we live in a condo.  I decided I wanted to plant a couple things-and I am not going to lie, I was pretty sick of paying a ridiculous amount at the grocery store for a green bell pepper.  But also, for some reason, it seems like when you grow your own they just taste better.

I wish I could brag and say I had a "green thumb", but I think they are pretty easy.  

That being said, store bought+miracle grow soil+water and sunshine=

Parsley, Basil, Green Bell Peppers, Tomato tree...I mean plant.

I have done the first two, but never veggies. Check this out:



The tomato tree kept growing and growing, taller than Abram..


And it now has SEVEN tomatoes on it!! I am SO excited, we are a tomato lovin' kind of family.













Check out these bad boys!!  We had them in a salad the other day-AWESOME!

Dear Green Bell Pepper Plant,

Thank you so much for already paying for yourself.  You were SO worth taking a chance on. We are so grateful.

Love, The Raisors

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sooooo jealous. We planted our garden but since it has been so hot in Texas the plants are abandoning their flowers. :(