Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Baby (Who's 4), and a Story

Soooo, I sent the check for preschool last week and signed Abram up for Fall soccer on Friday.  This is going to be a big year for him. I'm not going to lie, when I think about it I start to cry like a big baby get a wee bit emotional. I tried to convince him that when his birthday rolls around in October he should just be 4 again.  He told me he was done being 4, even when I tried to convince him otherwise.

And on another random note-Kris and I both spoke in Church today.  We tag teamed sitting with the kiddos. I spoke first and the kids did great. When I sat down they decided they needed to go to the bathroom. Upon coming back into the chapel and walking to our seat, Abram continues to walk up toward the stand/pulpit where Kris is speaking.
I whisper loudly: "Abram, our seat is here."
Thinking he just passed it by accident-to which he replies (with the "hold on a sec" finger in the air) loudly not whispering, "Just a second! I have to check on Daddy!! (who is mid-talk, speaking)"
Me: "Daddy is fine, come sit down."
Abram (waving both arms) "Hi Daddy!! Daddy!! I'm over here!!"
Kris nods as if a 4 year old could pick up on that aknowledgement.
Abram (still waving): "No, Daddy! Right here! Hi Daddy!"
Reese not whispering either: "I go potty! Pee in da potty! Mommy, PEE in da potty!!" (no, he is not potty trained-but he does like to play on the stool in the bathroom)

And just as a side note did I forget to mention that at that exact moment it seemed as if everything got very, very quiet. I don't know if it was just me thinking that, or if it really happened. But oh how it made my kids voices seemingly amplified...

Me (sweating): "C'mon guys, let's go back to the potty." (Hanging my head and walking out of the chapel, but totally grinning because seriously-my kid just waved at his Dad and tried to have a conversation while he was mid-talk. If it was someone else I would have been cracking up.) Oh, the joys of motherhood.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is hilarious. I'm sorry I missed it. Kase said both of your talks were really good. So good he actually listened which means a lot! He did not mention the mid-talk-father-son conversation so it must've not been loud enough to hear on the other side of the chapel. If that is any consolation. Ha ha. Love those kids.

The Borden Family said...

It was a little funny.....and yes we heard him....but, we were sitting close to you! It was a precious moment!