Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Drive-In Movie

We took the kids to their first drive-in movie a couple of weeks ago to see Cars 2 on opening night. I haven't been to the drive-in since I was really little. In fact, I don't know if it's a made up memory or not-that's how little I was.  There is a drive in not too far away, so we packed up the kiddos, some treats, and met some friends.  The trick is, to show up really early-so you can park by your friends and get a good spot.  We were there two and half hours before the movie.  Someone brought a "Mater"-like tow truck to entertain the kids before the movie.  A cute idea that in no way made me cringe a little thinking about tetanus shots....







The movie started an hour an a half past bedtime.  Abram did great (although confused at why some cars were getting killed-yikes).  And thankfully didn't catch on to the word "idiot" which was used over 100 times.  Reese had a hard time, after some squirming and crying I put his carseat in the trunk, strapped him in and sat next to him-after that, he did great and fell asleep as the credits started.

I have a lot of friends who like the movie.....I think it was better for older kids.  I wasn't impressed with the violent parts, or explaining to my 4 year old why they were trying to make the other cars explode and die-just my opinion.

Other than that, we had a good time- definitely something we will be doing in the future.  Kris was hoping they would fall asleep so we could watch the double feature (Green Lantern), Abram was wide awake-so that didn't happen.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am so jealous! I have been wanting to go to the drive-in. I don't think Eliza would be able to do it though. She gets so grumpy and tired but I doubt she would go to sleep. We should do this sometime.

Jennifer said...

Yeah- same opinion. Way too violent and I was having to explain to Carson the whole time that it was just pretend.