First visit to a splash pad. Not a lot of pictures because well, I was splashing. It was really fun, and really sad. Fun because of this:
And this:
And this:
And this (please note my 2 year old grabbing the squirter from that big kid-and after taking the picture, I did tell Reese it was not his turn):
However, upon telling my oldest to stop stalking this older kid with a shark, I heard it. A blood curdling scream like none other, and I knew that scream belonged to me.
I turned around to find Reese coming from behind a bench and saw a HUGE brown wasp fly away. "Please no, please no..." I thought. Yep, he got him, and got him good. I comforted my baby and wondered if he was allergic as his arm was swelling and breaking into a huge rash from wrist to elbow.
This is an hour after the benedryl, it's hard to see, but it looked like a big hole right in the muscle of his forearm. Of course it was the day we were leaving for Ohio. I called the pediatrician just in case because of the puss bubble that formed. I wanted to make sure I knew what to look for. After wasting 10 minutes of my life on hold to be told, "Neosporin and a band aid." I laughed and hung up. Really I just wanted to know if I should pop it-grose I know. It had been so long since I have gotten stung, I couldn't remember. Poor guy, after a good nap, he was good to go-and we have had no problems. He did have a good size knot there and it changed from dark red, to blueish purple. So, other than the whole "wasp experience" which has given Reese some post traumatic stress in the bug department, it was a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment