Abram had his first "sleepover" last night....at his Grandparents house. It was a last minute invite, in fact I think it went something like this,
A: "Hey Nana, can I come to your house?"
N: "Yes, of course-if your Mommy says it's okay."
A: "Mommy can I please please please please please (times a million) go to Nana's house?!"
Caught off guard, "Uh uh...are you going to sleep there?"
A: "YES! Nana, am I going to sleep at your house? YES! YES!"
Me: "Okay"
I don't know if my Mom was more focused on spoiling him, or punishing me. I say that because after staying up way past his bedtime, eating at IHOP for breakfast (chocolate pancakes), going to the movies and eating a tub of popcorn and candy, a trip to Walmart for toys and a backpack......Abram was fit to be tied, literally. My Mom said he did well, I think he was able to hold it together until he got home. Reese saw his "bumbo bee" transformer and lost it-Abram didn't want to share, the sugar high soon fell.....you get the picture. And to top ot all off-my poor Sister and her family were watching the boys that night so we could see Harry Potter (which was awesome by the way). I thought about not going, but we had already bought the tickets. When we came home, Natalie looked worn out and said, "I don't know who that child was".
Next time there will be a better game plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment