At the beginning of Summer, I made a "to do" list of fun things to do with the kiddos this Summer. I am happy to say that we have completed quite a few things. I am blogging about it to help keep me accountable. I am definitely a list maker-I love lists, I love the idea that one day I will be organized.....one day.
On with the list...in no particular order.
1. Plant veggies and herbs-check (In fact the tomato plant is now bigger than Abram and has 7 tomatoes on it, the green bell pepper plant has 3 bell peppers, and we have been using the basil and parsley all Summer!)
2. Make homemade ice cream
3. Go to a splash pad
4. Ride bikes- check, but in need of much more riding
5. Make edible playdough
6. PLAYDATES!- check, check, double check, and hope to check some more!
7. Picnic at Sequoyah
8. Go to Farmers Market- check, and got some delicious honey jelly, made biscuits the next morning and Abram ate seven of them!
9. Go on a hike
10. Play in a creek
11. See Fireworks (hopefully that will be checked on Monday)
12. Catch lightening bugs (and let them go)
13. Go to Ijams
14. Go to drive in-check Cars 2, not impressed with the movie-but we had fun with fun friends
15. Go to a movie ($1 movie-Despicable Me, lasted a little over an hour before Reese couldn't take sitting still any longer)
16. Daddy/Abram date
17. Daddy/Reese date
18. Mommy/Abram date
19. Mommy/ Reese date
20. Go to Ohio and see family
21. Berry Picking-check
22. Make freezer jam- check
23. Go to Volunteer Landing
24. Make Tie-Dye t-shirts
25. Eat popsicles -check
26. Play Freeze dance
27. Fingerpaint
28. Cedar Hill Park
29. Make bathtub paint-check
30. Daddy/Abram camping
31. Make Jello jigglers- check, and not as complicated as I thought, the kids LOVED them. However, if you decide to make "berry blue" and your 4 year old eats a lot, you may have a conversation that goes like so: (Coming from the bathroom)
Abram: "MOM!! I NEED YOU, HURRY!!!!"
Me: "Are you okay?!"
Abram: MOM, HURRY!! HURRY!!
Getting a little nervous I hurry to the bathroom, to find a wide-eyed boy looking into the toilet, "MOM YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!! MY POOP IS REALLY GREEN!!"
I look down and see flourescent green in the toilet, and sigh.
Me: "Well, that's what happens when you eat a lot of jello, I guess."
Abram: "Aww, I wish it was blue."
Summer= fun in all shapes, sizes, and apparently colors.
No comments:
Post a Comment