Saturday, June 4, 2011

National Doughnut Day

Not only is today my Mom's birthday, but National Doughnut Day! My awesome Sister In Law always updates what special day it is on her facebook.  Normally they just crack me up-however-this day I was much obliged to celebrate. ESPECIALLY when Krispy Kreme is giving out free doughnuts!!

We headed on down to our local establishment...


















The youngins both picked out doughuts with sprinkles....

















Stuffed their faces (and Abram decided to trade me because he wasn't loving the sprinkles. I am not a sprinkle fan myself, however I said okay.)


Reese's smile looks funny in this one, but his expression is so cute and excited.

There is the little manipulation master himself and my doughnut. I don't know why he looks like he is 8 years old in this picture, it kinda freaks me out.
There is a window where you can watch them making the doughnuts...big enough for kids, not big enough for parents to climb up and hold their kids unfortunately.

And just as a fun fact-just over the past couple of years have I been able to eat Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts.  I did a fundraiser in high school for church camp and spent ALL DAY delivering close to a million and seven boxes, all the while stuffing my face.  I was burnt out for a while, but no longer.

No comments: