Friday, June 24, 2011

Art Project in the Bathtub

I have been eyeing blogs for a while with fun Summer stuff to do.  One idea I found was from The Idea Room making paint for the bathtub. Super easy and super fun.  Wanna know how? I will tell you.

*note: if you have smaller children, you might not want to let them "help" make it, unless you do not care to clean up :) But then again, most of your children probably don't insist on their dinosaurs "helping" too....

First you need supplies (which you may already have)...























I used a muffin tin, but you can use any sort of container. That may be easier than holding the tin the entire time.
Add 2T of cornstarch per muffin tin....

















Add 1/4 C baby shampoo to each...
















Add 4-5 drops of food coloring...





















Stir until smooth, then add a little bit of water to thin it out (by this time I was a little nervous about carrying upstairs to the bathtub and asked the "helpers" to head on up). 

















Then you just paint away.....
















And have sponges on hand for a nice clean up....


High five for a clean bath tub!!


(And then you may want to let the water out and refill with clean water in case they decided to paint each other's hair and the water is too dirty to wash it out-just sayin'. But totally worth it.)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am going to do this before summer is out! Great idea and great post- THANKS!

Laura said...

That looks super fun!!