Today we went to the Fire Station. Abram LOVES LOVES LOVES fire trucks. This is one of the things I have always wanted to do with him. Today we got a tour of the fire house and got to sit in the truck!!! I don't know who was more excited!!! I have never seen a yellow firetruck before, but according to the lieutenant they can come in any color. He said he has seen pink, black, yellow, and red (of course). They had a fire chief a while back that picked yellow, and when he retired they wanted to paint the trucks red, but it's really expensive and you can see a yellow truck coming more clearly. I got so excited I made iron-ons for the kids. The boys shirts say "Fire trucks rule" and the girls say "I heart Firefighters". I didn't get a good pic of the girls shirts, but you can see them on the slides. It was really hot and muggy today, but we had a lot of fun. Abram and I went through the Chick-fil-a drive-thru for lunch. I tried to let him drink his chocolate milk by himself (instead of getting into a wreck). He soon found out that you don't tip this like a sippy cup. It was a great morning. I am so grateful for the fire department and the brave men and women who protect our community. I am using a different slide program, so hopefully everyone will be able to access this one!!



2 comments:
I'm glad you enjoy being a mom! I love going to the fire sation with my children. It's always interesting to see what they think is the coolest part. This past school year, Tine loved the workout room. I have hillarious pictures to prove it.
Love,
Amy
love, love, love the pictures...mom
Post a Comment