Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 25: A Little Piece of Heaven

I need to tell you that this was one of the funnest evenings I have had in a long time. My friend Windy invited us to go with her family and pick sunflowers (kind of a long story-that's the very summarized version) tonight. She has no idea how much sunflowers mean to me. They remind me of my Grandpa. When I was little, we use to walk round and round my grandparents huge garden, and in the very back of the garden were sunflowers-they are my absolute favorite. Although my Grandpa passed away many years ago, whenever I see this particular flower it comforts me and takes me back to good memories of my childhood. We had a great night, sunflower picking, and then out to eat. Thank you guys SO MUCH for inviting us, we had so much fun.



**Please let me know if you are unable to see the slideshow, and I will try to send you some pics we took.

2 comments:

Windy said...

AHHH!!!! We had SO MUCH fun too! Thanks so much for coming with us. I'm so glad you were my "adoptive sister-in-law" tonight! :) Can you email me all the pics??? And I love the slide show! What a great idea

Audra Aldridge said...

Beth, I love your blog. He is getting so big. I just want to give him a big hug. I miss him! Tell him that Audra loves him!