Tuesday, January 27, 2009

She's Crafty.....

Okay, this is one of those "hold me accountable" posts. A lady at my church offered to teach a quilting class. I LOVE quilts, there is something so comforting about them. One of my prized possessions is a quilt my Granny made for me when I was little. It's made out of scraps of my mom and my uncle's old clothes. This little quilt is so tattered and loved that it is a shock that it is still in one piece. That being said, I went to this class and after we all were talking we decided to do "baby steps". This lady is amazing at quilting and there is no way that I could measure up-especially since I haven't used my sewing machine in 4 years! So, I am going to attempt to make a quilt for baby Reese. We went to the fabric store today and let's just say, when I am pregnant-I am REALLY indecisive-so much that it gets on my own nerves much less those around me (poor Kris). So this was a big task. Luckily I found the colors/patterns I wanted, and ALTHOUGH THIS MIGHT CHANGE, I am think about doing Reese's room in the colors red, chocolate brown, and creme, maybe in a "monkey" theme.

Here is the material I picked out.




I really, really hope that it turns out well, but I do not have high expectations of myself on the first one. We will see. I will post the progress, and remember to be kind because I am highly emotional at this point :). Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

oh my gosh i love the fabrics and theme! I have always wanted to learn how to quilt. Also, I love your new photo. Good luck quilting. I am sure you'll do a great job. I really do love the colors and the monkeys!!!

erin said...

I hope it turns out well! I'm about to embark on making my first quilt also. Good Luck!

The Webber's said...

Way cute! I admire you - I don't have any idea how to sew - some day when I'm a stay at home mom that is one of the first things I'll teach myself! and I must say - I LOVE the monkey theme!! SOO cute! Brynn's room was mostly frogs but in a girly way, haha! Post pic when you're finished!

Carrie Maseda said...

Okay this isn't really about your post; I just wanted to say how much I LOVE the new picture on your blog header! It is an adorable picture of the "4" of you! :)