I have some confessions to make:
Over the weekend I just so happened to be having a great hair day. So there I was, admiring my just flat ironed hair, when something shimmered in the light. Upon looking at it closely I FOUND THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, "THIS" wouldn't take a very good picture, so you will have to use your imagination. Picture amongst thick red hair something as WHITE AS SNOW people. That's right a huge WHITE HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!
No, this wasn't my first. My first was on my 21st birthday. I was working at a daycare and one of my kids came up to me where I was sitting and announced to everyone I had a gray hair. When I told her she was crazy, she pulled it out and showed it to me.....awesome. AND BEFORE I GET THE "POOR BABY, SUCK IT UP" comments, let me just argue the fact that I have just come to love the color of my hair in the last ten years. I have ALWAYS wanted a different color. NO ONE wants to have red hair when they are little AND when someone jokes about "the red headed step-child" and you actually ARE a red-headed step child, things aren't so funny. One of the things I was looking forward to is the old wives tale about red hair being the last to go gray (I might have made that up). Plus, I am pregnant, so everything is ultra dramatic and I am scared TO DEATH of dying my hair, much less dishing out a fortune for someone who actually can do it correctly. Oh the drama (placing hand on my forehead)!!
Secondly, I think I am addicted to vacuuming, no this is not a joke. It started in Alabama and I brought the addiction here with me. I vacuum 3 times a day and then when something gets on the floor I obsess about it. I love the lines on the carpet after I am done. I think I am going crazy.
Thirdly, I am also obsessed with making and eating the majority of chocolate chip cookies WITH WALNUTS. If they don't have walnuts and aren't home made you can forget it. Wow, (insert sarcasm) can't wait to see what that's going to look like in 3 months.
Fourthly, I almost threw up when I saw on the counter I have 98 days until my due date. I am under 100 and for some reason that feels really close. Yikes, scarrrrryyyy!
Fifthly (I am making up words now I think) I am ready for a new blog look again. This was calming, but now I don't feel calm, so I will explore my options-don't be surprised if you click on this site one day and it has bright, crazy, give you a headache colors on it, because that is how I am feeling right now.
On the upside, Kris, Abram, and I had a dance party last night, and it was the funnest ever. It's been way too long since we have done that.
Okay, that's all I've got for now. Are you scared? You should be, you have to stick it out with my craziness for 98 more days-and don't get me started on post baby blogs!!
4 comments:
I totally thought you were going to say lice! LOL But, that's the world I live in, sadly. A white hair is no big deal compared to that!! Well, if this is the first white hair you've found since you were 21 then you are fine! LOL
Oh, and I hope Ethan likes his red hair. :( My brother hates his also, so I'm holding out hope b/c I love his little red head.
Oh, and the vacuuming. Dan is obsessed and does vacuum three times a day! LOL So don't worry about that one.
Beth! I am also obsessed with vacuuming- I actually had a friend over today for a play date and made them hold Carson while I vacuumed. How sad is that? J
The same for me, about gray and finally loving your hair color. I colored and colored my hair for the fun of it and finally I thought very dark brown was A-okay, and then it started graying. :-(
Put off color as long as possible. :-)
The benefit you have with a gray--your hair is lighter than mine! When I have a gray (or white) hair... it's soooo obvious!
For what it's worth, I've wanted red hair my whole life. And dye it red regularly just to pretend.
Post a Comment