Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

We went trick or treating with some friends tonight. It was so much fun, and thanks to Abram I have seen inside just about every living room on my street. I am so proud of the story of his costume. Here it goes: so Abram was going to be Batman for Halloween. I took him to Party City to try on a costume (this is not the proud part). He freaked out in the dressing room and you would have thought I was beating the child. This was the reason for my procrastination which leads to the story....it was 10:30 last night and I was in Walmart with a really dumb looking scarecrow costume in my cart (all the good ones are gone the night before Halloween apparently). Then I thought-I could make this costume. SO I pulled up my Martha Stewart pants and went to the craft aisle. I got the things I needed and went to the toddler area to find a long sleeve shirt and then I saw them. Superhero p.j.'s....but not the regular kind, they had a new kind out-thick material, full costume look, footie pajamas with capes!! Now Abram won't wear hats, nor will he wear masks so it was perfect and a lot less expensive. Thus we have Batman!!! And he loved it!!

The day started out with pumpkin pancakes shaped like pumpkins and ghosts....


And then this evening a little bit o' trick or treating along with a party we found and crashed.........






And then the kiddos started to get tired.......




And the day ended with some battle wounds from busting it on the sidewalk. Bless his heart....nothing that candy and some hot chocolate didn't fix.


Hope you and yours had a Safe and Happy Halloween!!!!!!!

1 comment:

D Maxie said...

awwwwwwwwww bless his heart...is he ok now?