SO seriously, I am another year older and I had one of the best days EVER today! First of all let me say, that I am so grateful for the calls, cards, and emails-thank you thank you thank you! It really meant a lot. And I wasn't avoiding calls, I just had one of the busiest days ever. The best part was, that it was everything I wanted to do!!! It started out this morning when I was worried that it was going to rain, I looked out the window and saw a rainbow! Then we met some friends and went to the Grand Ole Pumpkin Patch. Now this isn't just any pumpkin patch, it has everything to overstimulate not just a soon to be 2 year old, but his mother also. And even though Abram had about 12 nervous breakdowns, went boneless 52 times, and only wanted to go where he wanted to, and stayed up 2 1/2 hours past his naptime, it was still SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!! Maybe I am being a wee bit dramatic, but it is funny at the end of a long day-you don't really remember the feeling of just wanting to let him run off if that's how he was going to be, but you remember instead the huge smiles on the "twactor train" of death ride (I added the death part, I felt like I was on a roller coaster), the 7 times down the scary slides laughing it up and almost peeing my pants, counting pumpkins, the bouncy horse, it was all awesome. As you may recall, when we went to a festival a couple of months after we moved here, I made a donation to charity to buy and arm band to go on the inflatables with Abram. He only wanted to play with his balloon. I decided he needed the experience of the inflatable slide and carried him up a small tunnel bawling his eyes out and although he loved the sliding down part, he wouldn't step near an inflatable again. Well, karma kicked my bum today as he wanted to ride both inflatable slides at least 3 times each! So there is pregnant me, helping him up the wannabe ladders and sliding down only to hear "More?" when we were done. But you know-even though it really wore me out, not to mention shakin' my baby up a bit-it was a blast! Abram and I slept until almost 5:30p.m. then woke up when Kris got home to go eat at a Japanese steakhouse. Here are some highlights :
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Beth! I'm so glad you are enjoying your life!
Love,
Amy
I hope it was a good birthday!! I want you to know that Nolan and Rae saw the day before, on facebook, that your birthday was coming and Nolan said, "We'll have to call her tomorrow!" and then yesterday he was ready and he was going to beat box while Rae sang and as you noticed, HE DIDN'T. haha
Happy birthday! I love pumpkin patches!!
I AM LATE OF COURSE AND I JUST TALKED TO YOU!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAZY CHICKEN! Love Jennifer
Oh Happy Birthday, glad you had a great day!! Your slide show says it's empty for me. :( I wonder why.
Post a Comment