Monday, June 16, 2008

The "Fun" Ball....

I was so excited, I found a super deal on this huge beach ball that is also a sprinkler-how cool is that? Plus, it's been in the upper 90's here so I thought it would be a perfect activity. I thought it was perfect. So Kris almost passes out blowing up this ball and we decide to go outside. I know it's a bit immature (and that you are lying if you say you don't do this) but whenever we get something new, we race to see who is going to be the fun parent that gets to show Abram the new toy. We get outside, and the sun is starting to go down, so it's not as hot as it was (you know where this is going don't you). So I am getting the hose ready and Abram is going through a phase- until a couple of weeks ago he was-FEARLESS. Now, he needs to be eased into things, and explained things, etc. OR he will freak out. Kris, not thinking rationally wants to be the fun parent, so when the water goes on, he grabs Abram and immediately runs full force straight into the cold water, like so:

That's when the screaming starts....and he wants his mama and wants daddy to go away



So I tried to comfort him and ease him back into looking at the sprinkler


Nope, still hating the "fun" ball........


Turns out the "fun" ball was not so fun today, we'll try again......

1 comment: