Sunday, September 6, 2009

Weekend

I. Hate. The. Croup. Abram has it, he is extra pitiful. Thought we were going to have to go to the ER last night, instead we sat out on the porch at midnight eating popsicles. Urgent care is not open on the weekends. We are doing all home remedies and will be seeing the doctor tomorrow. My poor little guy. Stupid croup.

6 comments:

Cat0962 said...

I'm sorry to hear your little guy is sick. I have been there, my oldest boy, Bill, had croup often up till he was about 2. I have spent many nights on our front porch swing with him. I could make a "croup tent" in my sleep---toss a large bedsheet over the playpen, insert croup-y child, sit the cool-mist vaporizor on a stool next to the playpen, and fall asleep on the floor reading to Bill. I hope Abram is healthy soon!

andrea said...

oh no. How sad. That is the worst. I hope the little dude gets better soon.

Marla said...

Yeah it's not fun. The steam from the shower works pretty well also. Did you get my message? Are you doing benadryl? Also, run a cool mist humidifier in his room. You are lucky that this is the first that you've dealt with it.

erin said...

I'm so sorry that Abram has the croup. Poor guy. I hope he feels better soon. Missed seeing you this weekend.

I am LoW said...

Croup is SO sad. :(

I hope he gets better fast.

Amy said...

Beth,

I am SO sorry. The croup scares me to death. When I was in elementary school my little sister was in the hospital with it around Christmas time. Hollis and Kristine had it when they were little, too. It is scary when your child has it. I hope Abram is ok now.

Love,
Amy