Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First Cereal, and Getting Rid of the Mullet

Today was a big day for the Reese-miester. He had rice cereal for the first time, and got his first haircut!

I have been debating on whether or not to do rice cereal with Abram. I have several friend who skip that and go with avocados and veggies, then fruits, then grains. I am worried because Reese has issues with being a little "stopped up" already how the rice might effect him. SO I bought some avocados. But then I got really excited and gave him the cereal. I will probably do both this week depending on how he does.

He was really funny. He liked it okay, but he kept trying to grab/hold the bowl. This was funny because Abram (when he had his first cereal) kept grabbing the spoon/my hand and bring it to him. I tried to get Abram to take a video, but he thought I meant a picture so he kept saying "Say cheese!" and pushing the button-which kept turning it off and on-you see my dilemma. Without further ado, I give you Reese's first cereal experience....

(yes we are still doing the "deer in headlights" face)
(I am having difficulty downloading the videos, so this one will have to do)


Now regarding the mullet......now don't get me wrong, I rocked the mullet in the 90's-I'm not proud of it, but what are you gonna do when you have crazy thick hair and it's the 90's? I still gasp at the photos when we go to my grandma's house. Why didn't I know about the flat iron?!-That is a venting for another time. The pictures of his mullet don't do it justice. The bottom was not only thick and starting to curl on the sides, but a different color than the rest of his hair.

Judge me if you must, but I am not letting my adorable little boy grow his hair out to be the Mayor of Whoville. I just can't do it. I busted out the clippers while Abram was in the bath so that I could put Reese right in immediately. I will post "after" pics tomorrow. A haircut and a bath wears a little boy out-so he is off to dreamland.


2 comments:

Laura said...

Your boys are so cute!

I am LoW said...

I am a little stressed out seeing the clippers plugged in and by the bath. DON'T DROP 'EM BETH!!! haha!