Took the boys to the doc today-that's right boys as in plural. The seal bark coughing subsided, but the cough and fever still there. I was up with Abram from 1-3am and Reese from 3ish-5am. I had to be worked in, so we waited forever in the waiting room. Abram tested positive for strep. SO scratch that--I. HATE. STREP. Reese tested negative, however he is definitely sick, and definitely threw up almost an entire bottle on me an hour ago. What is more pitiful that one sick little boy? A sick little boy and a sick baby. -WHICH can I just say that the sick baby at 4 1/2 months weighs 19lbs 10oz!!!!! That wasn't the trivia question, by the way. SO without further suspense, for all of you trivia lovers out there, I pose this question:
I was told to keep the boys separate and not to let them touch/handle the same things, obviously so that Abram wouldn't pass along the illness. Knowing that they are brothers, and live in the same house, and will be extra pitiful wanting to cuddle with the same mom-how is this going to be possible???? Any ideas? Maybe it's not a trivia question, but more like a riddle??
8 comments:
it's called having a doctor that has never had more than 1 child. IMPOSSIBLE! however, lysol works wonders as does germ-x. if you want me to go all geeky on you (hee hee) you can get briar rose (in the liquid form) and give it to your kids to help boost their immune systems. :) love ya!
Sorry to hear that Beth. Having only one kid myself, I don't have any advice, but I do offer my sympathies. It sounds impossible to me.
Oh I almost forgot... Reese weighs how much?!? Finn barely weighed 20 pounds when he turned one. Sounds like a future football player to me.
Ha! That is the question of the day around here too! It's all about the clorox wipes and in abundance too! You asked what's worse than one sick boy and one sick baby... What about one sick toddler, one sick baby and one sick 6 year old? Particularly the pitiful puny 6 year old with the stomach virus that I can't drag along to the doctor with the other two for their croupy coughs and fevers? Now there's a conundrum. Yuck! By the way, this is me empathizing and sending your cute little guys get well fast vibes! Hugs!
I don't think it's possible and I wouldn't even bother.... but that's just me.
I wouldn't even try. LOL They have already been exposed by that point.
As a parent of seven...I would just try to wash your hands and theirs more than usual and use a lot of clorox wipes. It's stupid to try and keep them seperated. If they get the other's sickness, oh well. Just do the best you can! :)
Thanks for all of the support/advice!! FYI, the doc who said to keep them separated was a young intern, bless his heart- I think my doctor might have cracked a smile when the intern said it. It has almost been a week, I am so sick of being sick!!!
Post a Comment