Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Just in case you were wondering........

To answer a few questions you may be wondering....


1. Yes, we are still alive.

2. I have had my hands full and yes, I have been neglecting my blog. Sad, but true.

3. If you were wondering what is on Reese's forehead (his little red strawberry), no-Abram has not been left alone with him as many have thought. It's a hemangioma (click on word) which is a fancy pants word for birthmark. Might get bigger, should fade. In the meantime, I think it's pretty cute.

4. Remember when I started potty training Abram oh, almost 4 months ago? Some days are awesome, some days I am cleaning poop piles/pee spots off the floor or out of underwear. Kind of like a cat or dog, he frequents the same spots in the house, bizarre. Yes, I think this is going to be the death of me. Some days I feel like I should have photographic evidence for the purposes of guilt or blackmail.....I haven't, but the thought has crossed my mind. I love Woolite carpet cleaner.

5. Yes, our job is winding down, and no we have no idea where we are going. Yes, this is a stresser. Times are hard, which plays big time on the construction industry. We have been very blessed to be able to have a job, and are very grateful in times such as these Kris still has a job.

6. I have heard so many times, but still can't get over how fast Reese is growing and how it seems as though he is doing everything a lot faster than Abram did. Yes, he still melts me.

7. Yes, I am still hating (ok, may I should use the words "strongly dislike") people who can drop baby weight quickly. Yes, maybe I am a little bitter, and yes this is why you do not see many pictures of me recently. I'm working on it. And yes, it sucks.

8. No, I haven't found what the smell in the kitchen is yet, ugh.

Hmmm, I think that's all for now, any questions?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You will move somewhere cool like Sylva NC. The baby weight will fall off (faster than mine will which will be 2011 if I am lucky). You will find the smell and Abram will magically get the whole potty training overnight. That is my free physic prediction for 2009.

Amber said...

I am glad you are still alive and surviving potty training and getting your figure back. It really does take emotional stamina to get through that first year when you just don't feel like yourself. If it makes you feel any better, imagine how horrified my face looked earlier this week when I saw my hind-side in the mirror for the first time in several months and realized where all of those extra pounds are settling! :o Not a happy day! I hope we get to see you this weekend!

Katy said...

Oliver had a birthmark like that too; it is definitely fading. I think it's cute too. :)

Yay for Woolite carpet cleaner! I need to get some... I swear, Hazel will be potty trained before Oliver.

And it takes me more than a year to lose the baby weight. Once I hit the year mark, it just falls off regardless of whether I do anything about it. I take comfort in knowing that my body knows what it's doing and keep eating my KitKats. :D I vote you do the same.

Amy said...

Hi Beth!

Try to relax, all things work out for the best in the end. We'll keep you in our prayers. Trust that God knows the beginning from the end and is always pulling for you.

I love you!

Love,
Amy