Thursday, October 1, 2009

Moments of Sweetness...

One of the reasons I have this blog is because I don't scrapbook (did you just gasp? I heard you gasp) anyways...somehow I will figure out how to print this blog so that way I will have all of the little stories/pictures from my sweet boys growing up. Stories like this....

Yesterday morning we were talking before getting ready to go to the park. Abram comes up to me and says with his arms open wide, "I love you soooo much! You need to squeeze me really tight!" Of course I did.

Later that morning we went to the park with some friends. Abram was climbing on the dome shaped monkey bars (you know, the kind that look like an igloo). I looked over and noticed that he was laying under the monkey bars on his back. I thought he must be playing and so I didn't get up. A few minutes later I look over and he is still laying on his back. I go over to where he is and peek my head through the monkey bars and the conversation went like so:

Me: "What are you doing?"
Abram (in his little voice): "I fell."
Me: "Are you okay?"
Abram: "I'm stuck."
Me: "I'll help you." and I grab the front of his overalls and pull him up. His body stays exactly as is-just elevated.
Abram: "I'm just really stuck Mom. I'm just going lay here, and go to sleep, and dream about you."

So I just stayed there and smiled. Then 2 of his friends came and laid beside him. One of his friends jumped up and said, "I got my superpowers back!" Abram and the other friend jumped up and said, "Me too!" And they ran off and played.

I love him, and if he wasn't asleep right now, I would squeeze him really tight.

5 comments:

andrea said...

aw. so cute!

ps. i don't scrapbook either.

Carrie Maseda said...

Moments like that make it all worth it!

Katy said...

So sweet!

I also don't scrapbook. I'd rather blog. :)

Marla said...

You can turn your blog into a blurb book. I'm working on it.

Beth said...

What's a blurb book?