Sunday, October 4, 2009

Evening Walks.....

It's a short story really. We love going on walks. Although walks are a bit different these days. You see, back in the day we could load Abram up in the stroller and not only get some quality family time, but some exercise too. These days we have our Mr. Independent-who refuses the stroller. It's fine, we walk very slow, and pay attention to just about everything along the way. There we were going on an evening walk, and planning to feed the fish. This pond we walk around is a frequent hang out for Canadian geese, now it's home to one. That's right, all of his buds flew South as it is getting colder, but he has a messed up wing. I am not a fan of birds, however, this bird breaks your heart a little, especially because of the fact you never see these obnoxious birds alone.....I am getting ahead of myself- let me start with some pictures.

The whole family loves to go on walks, especially Obi


I would have completely missed this caterpillar, but if you are going 1/4 miles per hour you see the most amazing things :)



So there we were feeding some fish when......


We were BUSTED, it was almost like Jaws, I had never seen a goose swim so fast, I must admit, it made me a little nervous.


Poor bird, it was starving-so we fed it all of the bread we had.



But then we got a little chilly (because not only is it FALL it's OCTOBER, and we LOVE FALL and OCTOBER)


So we went home. The end.

1 comment:

Carrie Maseda said...

That makes me sad; I think I would be there every single day feeding that poor goose all the bread I had!