Monday, October 19, 2009

A Pirate's Life For Me

This past Saturday we had Abram's birthday party.  It was so much fun, I get a little crazy about birthdays around here.  I don't know, it's so fun.  Anyways, we sent out invitations in a bottle to his little friends, and had a treasure hunt, with clues and obstacles.  Each time they completed the obstacles, the kiddos were rewarded with pirate gear.

There was jumping island freeze dance....




There was digging for gold coins....
 

Look how happy he is (of course he IS holding a sword).....
 


And walking the plank.....
 


Figuring out the whole eye patch thing is a little confusing.....




 Reese tasting the decorations....
 

Finding the treasure chest....
 


Pirate Reese with Nana
 



I think Abram liked the cake, this is him trying to pull it off the table to eat it....

Later that night I asked him if he liked his cake.  He said, "The ocean was yummy, it made me had a blue mustache!"

He had so much fun and slept like a log after his party, in fact we ALL did.  Abram's Grandma, Nana,
Aunt Natalie, and Aunt Terri came in from Tennessee, and he was so excited.  All in all it was a great day.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Pirate reese is the cutest! Fun cake!

Laura said...

Oh my, this party looks so fun! the cake is fun too! I think I want a pirate theme for my next birthday too! :)