We have had some simple kind of fun the past two days. Yesterday we went for a walk, and splashed in every single puddle we saw. And got wet, really wet. It was really fun, in fact if I had my camera-we would have won America's Funniest Home Video award. You are going to have to picture this: we were walking around a rec center area-so it was paved the whole way. There was parking spaces on a slight downhill slope, so it made one really long puddle. We told Abram to go for it. There he was running, splashing, and laughing. We were about 10 feet or so behind him when he fell into a pot hole. It was covered with water obviously, and about 5 inches deep. He fell right into the water, jumped up with this scared, sad face and it took everything in me to hold in the laughter. I gave him and hug and told him that that must have been scary. I asked if he was all right and he replied with a very pitiful, "yes". And on we went. We decided to only jump in "clean puddles" (named by Abram) which means you can see the bottom of the puddle, as opposed to "dirty puddles" which are muddy.
Tonight we packed our first box
while wearing bunny ears we found, you remember, the ones he would not touch on Easter? Yep, he wore them the whole evening and is currently sleeping with them on as I type. I had to make pipe cleaner bunny ears because he insisted that I was the Mommy Bunny and then Abram decided I was a lobster instead. We wore our ears while we packed the first box, after doing the "mac and cheese dance" and then breaking it down to some Jack Johnson. I hope he remembers, above all how much he and his little brother are loved. I know that moving is going to be hard for him this time around.
We are moving, next week. We are waiting for some details to come through for our next assignment (that sounded so 007 didn't it?), so for the next little while we'll be crashing at Grandma Raisor's house. I am not sure she realizes what she's in for, but we are so grateful that she has offered to put up with us. Details will come as I find them out......
3 comments:
Wow- another move! Too bad there isn't a new building coming to the Savannah Stake. :-(
I wonder that about Oliver all the time, too! He remembers random things from two years ago--he remembers going to take Conner to the National Guard one day because one of the soldiers let him play with a ball, and he remembers the color of the ball and everything.
Oh come over for dinner one night!!! We'd love to have you guys over! So let me know what night, a Sat. or Sun. is best but we'd want to see you any evening!
Post a Comment