This weekend we got to go back to Alabama because Kris had some tweaking to do on the church there. We decided to make it a family trip because we have really been missing our friends out there. In the meantime Kris and I have been trying to fight off colds. We got there Friday evening and Kris dropped me off at a friend's house while he went to work. It was as if we never left-the kids went crazy running around like wild banshees playing together, and then Saturday Tab and Windy went shopping with me because I am growing out of all my clothes and there are no maternity stores around here. What good friends-so they sat out in the store while the kids played chase, wrestled, and had a dance party-and told me what clothes I needed to get and what clothes I never needed to try on again :). Abram had so much fun, when we went our separate ways in the mall Abram looked at me with tears and said, "More friends Mama, more friends." I told him (wanting to cry as much as he did) that we would see more friends later. He had worn himself out so much that when I yelled for him to look at a train (his latest obsession) this is what I saw. Peanut butter sandwich half eaten in hand, totally passed out:

It was really cute because Abram was reunited with his best friend Grayson, and at first they just kept staring at each other. It didn't take long until the were chasing each other around and that night at the hotel Abram was playing with one of his action figures calling him Grayson and hugging him.
Saturday night I got to go on a girls night out, which was much needed and made me appreciate even more how many good friends I have. They have no idea how much I love them. I am truly blessed. All of the crazy running around + no sleep due to Abram not sleeping well in a hotel + Kris snoring like a bear + me getting too big to get comfortable = colds we were fighting kick it into gear on Sunday. SO we left Sunday morning and I found myself thinking, "More friends" all the way back.
I am so grateful for good friends, no matter how far apart you are.
5 comments:
So glad I got to see ya! We miss you just as much too!
Bless his little heart...
aww. This morning bentley was demanding to go to Chacha's house (Charlotte) right now. I feel so bad for him and me and you and abram. It is so sad being away from friends. :(
We were so happy to have ya'll back! We miss ya'll so much!
Now if you could just make it back this way!
Post a Comment