Saturday, February 28, 2009

SO Much to Do.......So Little Time

I have been watching my little counter. I am 32 weeks-how did this happen so fast? I have been tra-la-la-ing along and all the meanwhile it's creeping up close. The hard part is I am getting more and more indecisive as the days go by. RRRRRRRR (growl).....but seriously, my doctor said she usually does c-section a week early (at 39 weeks) which makes me think, "AUGH! That means only 7 weeks, I have SO MUCH to do!! That isn't very many weekends!!" But I am trying to find my zen, because he's coming, ready or not.

Anyhoo- we are putting in some work on our rental house, which we hadn't planned on doing since we won't be here that long. But we decided to switch Abram into the guest room (because it's smaller) and move the spare bed and all of Reese's stuff in Abram's room. The former guest room that will be Abram's had a really BAD paint job. I guess they were going for an "ocean" theme with some sponge painting. I will post before/after pics.

Those who have visited us have endured the tacky walls, however, in moving Abram into a new room I didn't want him to feel like he was getting the shaft. So we went to Home Depot, Kris and I picked out some colors, and Kris is currently painting away. We called the Realtor to ask if it was okay......a month ago, she hasn't called back. So we have decided to ask forgiveness rather than permission PLUS it will add value to the house-especially over what it was. We also bought a border that we are going to tack up. I am pretty excited.

Then there is digging through Abram's old stuff to see what is usable and what isn't. There is a lot that Reese won't be able to use because Abram was born in October, so all of his 0-6 month is fall/winter. I am doing a lot of laundry and mending things so that we won't have to spend a fortune. It's kind of freaking me out a little because it's making everything seem more real. Soon I will have two little boys, wow.

Some of my friends have been blogging about their "To-do lists" which has been cracking me up, I might do that in the future. Although it might be a little scary...details to come!

1 comment:

Carrie Maseda said...

I know! I remember feeling that panicked, have to get everything done feeling. You are excited and thrilled the baby is coming, but you wonder how you can possibly get everything done in time! Put Kris to work! :)

*I can't wait to see pictures of your new little miracle!