Friday, February 13, 2009

We Have Been a Little Busy.........

"growing" and "changing".

For example:

"FEEEEEEEET WHERE ARE YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU????" That's right folks 30 weeks today. Now if I were one of those "looked like they stuffed a basketball up their shirt kinda gals" I might post a body shot, HOWEVER, I am one of those "she carries the baby ALL OVER kinda gals" so unless I get a decent pic, it will remain a mystery...


Kris and I had been talking about moving Abram to a "big bed". We really wanted to do a twin size, but with all of the moving/the price of twin beds we thought about doing a toddler bed. I had been looking on craigslist and other places and then I found this:

at a thrift store for $30. You can't beat that. So I cloroxed the heck out of it, put Abram's mattress in it and wa-lah! I was really worried about the big change for him, and talked it up a lot. When I showed him yesterday around 6pm he said "Sleepy Mama" and crawled right in-then pitched a fit because I made him play and have dinner, bath, etc. before bed time. In between each activity he would run to the bed and try to fake sleep. Abram did really well last night. He never fell out, and never left his room. In fact this is him this morning.....

bed head and all.

Now, I know not to get my hopes up. I have been fore warned by dear friends that this may not always work, so we shall see.

And for another change-I don't think I am going to do Reese's room in monkeys anymore-ugh, I don't know what I am going to do.....so I will just have to surprise ya.

P.S. Nap went well today, we'll see how tonight goes............

6 comments:

Marla said...

Ethan did pretty well in his toddler bed, we are about to switch him to a twin. So Abram may do great!! But, you need to get that kid a pillow!! Ethan sleeps with about a hundred stuffed animals also, its' so funny. What a big milestone for Abram!! So exciting!

Oh, and the belly. Yeah, I need to take another one but haven't wanted to just like you. Kinda sad, huh... one good thing about my diet is that I'm losing weight now! LOL

erin said...

I'm glad Abram made the transition well. I hope Finn will also. Finn would love that bed!

Tabby said...

yeah, it look like abram made the transition a little better than grayson. we put that rail right back on his crib!

andrea said...

Oh My GOSH I am so jealous. Chris was the big genious who decided that the kids should have bunk beds. WHY did I not throw a complete temper tantrum and hang on to the crib kicking and screaming I do not know. This last week has been complete and Utter H-E-well you know. Shoot me now. One night bentley was up from 12-3 chillin on the couch. Other times he has gotten up at 5:30 or 6 am. We are not happy campers over here.

Windy said...

How cute! Abram's so cute in that bed

Beth said...

Marla-he doesn't like pillows-weird huh? I put one in bed with him and in the middle of the night he rolled off of the pillow and it just took half the bed while he curled into a ball.
Drea-That stinks about the no sleep-we thought about bunk beds too-good luck!!!