I have a lot to update, but not a lot of time. We are in a hotel (long story, different post), I am typing in the dark (burning my eyeballs), and have no idea when I will have internet hooked up in the house. On with the post.....
Everyone knows what the "ugly cry" looks like. I will TELL you about mine. First, my nose gets red. Then, I get red circles around my eyes. Next, my eyes get bloodshot, and my face starts to swell, and then the sobbing-oh how I love the sobbing-where everything you..... say...has...a...dramatic...pause...accompanied with a sniff, wiping the snot, catching the breath moment. Only for the next day my face to be swollen in remembrance of the occasion. All in all.....it's pretty awesome. Now put the pregnancy drama of emotions on top-well you get the picture.
We have moved, to a little town in between Atlanta and Chattanooga. My last week in Helena went too too fast. I have really awesome friends there, that I got to be really close to. Abram's best friends are there. The Thursday night before we left some friends and I planned to go see Twilight again (don't judge) for my friend Tab's birthday....or so I thought. I got to her house and she along with my friend Windy planned a surprise goodbye/baby shower party!!! The "ugly cry" almost made an appearance-it started to-but I held it in. So yes, they planned this on my friend's birthday-I still can't get over what good friends they are. We had so much fun hanging out and playing games, and after stayed up WAY TOO LATE just chatting. I really love the friends that I made there, and I miss them terribly. I miss their sassiness, their pure hearts, their good advice, their listening when I need to whine and vent, their willingness to help whatever the situation may be. Dang it, the ugly cry is coming, I can feel it.....
This move is our third, I always get so worked up over the nerdy "Will you be my friend?" crap I have to go through every time. I get all nervous, anxious, and self-conscious, etc. But honestly, I have met so many amazing, talented, and humble people. I feel so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. These women have been such great examples to me. I am so grateful to have stayed in touch with friends from Rincon and now Helena. Okay I need to stop now, I have a long day ahead of me, and a swollen face will not help things at all.
9 comments:
But you've been blessed with this amazing personality and have a way of knowing no strangers. So lucky for you, you will have friends, again, in no time.
I mean, doesnt' mean you have no right to be sad or anything.
Thos are just my words of encouragement. You are amazing Beth!!!
Those are and Thos are. Whatev. :)
Now my ugly cry is coming on.....I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!
Beth, you will have absolutely no trouble making friends wherever you are. You're much too awesome and cool to be lonely for long.
... wanna move to Chicago? We're going there next...
Tenessee... from the sounds of it we'll need y'all back soon.. we had over 200 people at church on sunday.. it was pretty crowded... wish you were here...
Wait, wait... are you in your nephew's mission now? He's in, um,um... Cumming. If you happen to see him, say hi!
That said, I'm so bummed for you that you have to go through this.
COME BAAAACCCCKKK!!!!! I still can't believe you are gone. At least you ugly cried in secret. When they released you and Kris at church, mine made an appearance. I sucked it up though pretty quick to make sure no one saw it.
Beth. :( I'm sad for you. I know how you feel a little bit. I feel like I've been forcing myself on people a little bit here. How long does this crazy move around stuff go on for?
Thanks guys. I REALLY miss you too. We are planning on moving around for 3 more years. Until Abram starts kindergarten. I don't know if we are in his mission or not, I will do some investigating.......
Post a Comment