Monday, December 1, 2008

On to the Story.........

Let's change the subject and have a good ol' poop story! For sensitive readers, don't read. For anyone who has ever been pregnant and has had a SUPER-SENSITIVE (understatement) gag reflex when they smell something bad, sit back relax-and have a laugh on me. Ready? Lets' begin.....

We were on our way home from TN and stopped at Wendy's for a bathroom break. I went first and the bathroom was less than impressive. It was a good thing because Abram decided to "do his business" while he waited in the restaurant with Kris. OF COURSE there isn't a changing station in the men's room, so Abram and I truck it into the women's room. Just as we go in, an older lady beats us to the handicap stall (where the station is) and we wait......and wait.....and I am explaining to Abram how we take turns, blah blah. And then I hear it..............her........"doing her business".

WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? There was an empty stall right next to it!!!! And if THAT wasn't bad enough, she flushed.............and then flushed AGAIN! I WAS DYING PEOPLE!!!!!! My first thought "How wrong would it be if I made Abram sit in it until the next exit? NO BETH!! Shake it off Beth, you can do this, you can do this!" I almost started doing the boxer jog, to pump myself up and then she opened the stall door. Then she (talking to Abram) says, "Honey, I am so sorry you had to wait on me, that food just gave my stomach some problems, and I made it really stinky in there." Uh......wow, what do you say to that? I laughed and said "Well it's about to get a whole lot stinkier." instead of "TMI LADY! WE HEARD EVERYTHING!!!!"

So there we go into the small stall and yes I left the door open and yes she was 2 feet behind me washing her hands, and then the gagging started. But I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I tried to muffle it (which probably made it louder and worse). Normally I cover my face with my shirt and try to smell my deodorant (Secret Vanilla-don't knock it until you are about to vomit) unfortunately, I was wearing a criss cross v-neck so that wasn't an option. Abram is on the table thing looking at me wide eyed and I am looking around for ANYTHING I grabbed one of his wipes and held it over my face. When the lady left I started gagging like crazy and changed his diaper as quickly as possible and ran out of the bathroom. Tears were streaming from my eyes as I ran out and looked at Kris who looked at me paused and then said, "Noooooooo.....the old lady?" and I nodded, tears still streaming. And he said "Oh honey, that sucks."

Oh the joys of motherhood.

6 comments:

erin said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning! Sorry it happened to you but glad it didn't happen to me!

Amber said...

Oh Beth! Too funny to be sad! That's when I make the baby have frozen buns and change them on the seat of the car! I'm so impressed with your engenuity with the deodorant trick!

Katy said...

Yep, Conner does the diapers, and he does them in the car.

Public bathroom pooping is too much for me!!!

Laura said...

that is hilarious. i love how kris just knew what happened. hahahaha. sorry you had to go through that.

Marla said...

Oh gross. I would have just made Kris go change him, or taken him to the car and done it! LOL Thank goodness my kid is now potty trained! LOL

andrea said...

Thanks beth! I REALLY needed to laugh today! You are the best! And I love that Kris know what was going on! So awesome!