My baby turned two on Friday.
pretty crazy weekend with it being Easter weekend too. Which also made it more exciting is that my cousins and their families came in as well to celebrate. The theme was the Cat in the Hat-which is a favorite in our house. I had a vision of how it was going to be-parts of it happened, other parts there just wasn't enough time. It didn't matter though, Reese had a great time and he was surrounded with people who love him very much.
We went to the park. it was forecasted to be scattered thunderstorms all afternoon. But it ended up being a perfect beautiful afternoon for a birthday party.
Eating cupcakes with blue icing is serious business....
Made some new "friends"......
Opened some presents....
and noticed many rules we accidentally broke....
Reese loves being tickled and looking for things. He has started talking a lot more just in the past week. He loves hotdogs, apples, strawberries, bananas, and graham crackers are his favorites right now. He randomly pointed at something in Target last week and said "Green!" we haven't been working on colors, but he was right. one of his favorite things to say is "disgusting" taught to him by his brother. Reese's favorite animals are elephants and cows. He is getting even more independent, doesn't like to be in the stroller, or in the cart at the store. Reese loves the Spideman theme song, and still has a contagious laugh and smile. He loves nursery at church, cars, trains, firetrucks, dinosaurs, the Cat in the Hat, Dora, and Dino Dan. He loves to say "Mama, mama, MAMA!" until he is absolutely positive he has my undivided attention, and then will just smile and giggle until I look away and do it 57 more times. He has also got some serious dance moves, in fact he learned just today to do a forward roll on his own.
I am starting a tradition of telling the boys about the day they were born on their birthdays. I remember being enormous and SO excited. I remember being pregnant and missing you even though I hadn't met you yet. It had been cold in Georgia, but the week you were born it was gorgoeus and warm, and everything was in bloom. I remember how much it ached because I had to wait so long to hold you while you were on oxygen. I also remember how natural and comfortable you were in my arms like that was exactly where you were supposed to be. You used to sleep best on my chest, which worked for a while, but you were getting so big so fast it got a lot harder to do that. You have a zest for life and take things head on (sometimes literally). You are as stubborn as your Mother and I hope you used that for good as you get older. You make the most pitiful faces when you are sad or upset. I have sung "I love you a bushel and a peck" to you since the day you were born because I remember my grandparents singing that to me. You are full of energy and you amaze me everyday. We love you so much, happy birthday sweet boy!!
2 comments:
Crazy Reese is already two! It looks like he had a blast. I can't believe how much he looks like Abram and boy is he growing up! Loved the update. Keep doing it!
Happy Birthday Reese!
We are sooo glad you guys moved back here. We have to hang out. i mean really. We want to have you guys over for dinner. When is good? I missed seeing you on Sunday again!
Post a Comment