Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weeeeeee're Baaaaaack!

I think I am almost caught up.  So I can give an update and then continue to post.  We moved back to Knoxville on April Fool's Day this year.  It's something we had been thinking about, and with the economy the way that it is, the company Kris worked for wasn't winning bids-which means no work.  When he was laid off last Spring, it was a bit of a shock.  We were unprepared.  Thankfully we had food storage and Kris's mom let us come and live with her.  We didn't want to be surprised this time. Kris and I saw the signs coming, all was looking very familiar.  We took matters in our own hands and prayed and fasted about what we should do and where we should go.  Both of us felt like we needed to come back to Knoxville.  At first the plan was for me and the boys to come ahead and Kris to stay until the project was done.  But Kris felt strongly that he needed to come with us-and I am so grateful he did. 

It's amazing how Heavenly Father works.  After we finally made our decision, we took a great leap of faith. We had a little savings, Kris gave his 2 week notice, and we started making plans to move.  We found a place eventually that would take our dog and didn't charge us an arm and a leg to move in, and we were here 3 days before Kris got a new job.  I feel very strongly that we have been "watched over"-and although we have had some crazy drama with our new place-water going through the celing to the downstairs, the AC going out on the hottest days of Spring so far, and now we are dealing with ant issues-the blessings have far outweighed the issues.  I am so happy to be settled for the next little while.  And to have no plans to move in the next year. 

Our condo we are renting is dated to say the least, but it has potential. Little by little we are transforming it. We started with the front.

Before:




Bushes or weeds? Where does one begin and the other end?






I know it's not professional, but the bushes will grow bigger and we didn't want to invest a ton of money.  It works for us and we like it.

We started a trend though, over the next couple of weeks our neighbors were fixing theirs.  And that night my allergies went CRAZY.  Tennessee in the springtime-thanks for the welcome back.

No comments: