This is our walkway after the first hit of hail. Our yard look like it had snowed. It was really scary. We had some damage to the screens, Kris's truck, and lost electricity for a couple of hours. I am so grateful that we were safe.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
A Hail of a Storm
A couple weeks ago (I think it was the 27th) there were tornadoes that came through the Southeast. They were really devastating in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee. There was a lot of destruction, and a lot of lives lost. We were very blessed to only endure slight damage and scary hail. On the front and back of our condo are sliding glass doors. When the hail started I thought for sure it would bust through, but it didn't. All 5 of us (dog included) huddled in our half bath/laundry room downstairs and read books and played with flashlights. I was surprised at how calm the boys were. We new it was supposed to bad, and when it started I said, "Everyone to the bathroom!" and that's where we went. We ended up having a sleepover in the living room in case we needed to go back in the bathroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment