Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

We worked hard on our Mother's Day presents this year.....




















We painted flower pots then made cookie flowers on a stick and put them in the pots.  they turned out really cute-a lot of work, but totally worth it. 

I received this (and beautiful flowers that died before I got around to taking their picture)...
It has the boys hand prints over their letter

I know, they are the greatest, and I am so blessed to have them.

And at church the Primary sang songs for the Mother's.  When the kids sing at church it always makes me emotional with their little sweet voices, well except for the last time when Abram refused to get up there-and he just stood up in the row we were sitting in and sang-oh well.  I didn't know they would be singing, so I didn't get the chance to prepare him, etc. To my surprise, when they got up to sing, he went right up there and stood by his little friends and sang.  My favorite parts were when he started waving to me, then made the "I love you" sign in sign language and then turned it into Spiderman fingers and shot me with webs mid song (that's our thing ya know, we say "you know what this means? I. love. you. Then you flip it upside down and shoot the person with a web-anywhooo), my other favorite part was when (mid-song) he ran down the steps, down the aisle to our pew and whispered, "I love you Mom!!" and ran back up to finish the song.  I was the mother to that kid and I couldn't have been more proud.

After church we headed to Melton Hill Dam and met up with my family for a picnic. 

Throwing rocks with Great Grandma Ann...


Playing games with Nana...


The cookies were a hit, well at least with the kiddos...





It was a great day to be a Mom.

No comments: