Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trunk or Treat

I surprised myself this year by not getting too stressed out about costumes. Don't get me wrong-I drove 45 minutes to meet a lady from craigslist for a ghetto "dinosaur" costume that was $5 that I bought only because I drove that far and then sat in traffic on the way home taking 2 hours. A costume that he didn't even wear, by the way. But seriously, Abram decided the day of Trunk or Treat (on Saturday) he wanted to be Spiderman (a costume he got for his birthday last year) and Reese was a cow due to his obsession. I found a cow costume at a consignment store for $4.50-sweet deal. I had to sew it up a little, but no biggie.  Unfortunately, I don't have many pics from the trunk or treat because it's hard to take pictures and hold your kids' hands. Not to mention the battery died on my camera (ugh, I know!)

Happy Cow

MAD cow (get it? Ha ha! and for the rest of the night he wouldn't wear the hat.)

Spiderman and "Peter Parker" Peter stayed at the car and handed out candy. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the trunk that we decorated!


Just a fun fact, the lady with the side ponytail below (Deb from Napoleon Dynamite-her husband was Napoleon) is Abram's Sunbeam teacher-he LOVES her!! He screamed and hugged her and when we left their car he said she was "the BEST".

The highlights of the night-Reese carried his pumpkin bucket and kept looking down at it-UNTIL he figured out that people put CANDY in it. Then he LOVED it!! He carried that bucked the whole time ans would get so excited and even give his rendition of "Thank you". So cute! The other highlight-our Bishop dressed up as Buddy the Elf!! Awe-some. We ate plenty of candy,the kids ran around with some friends, Reese very lovingly shared all of his candy-meaning half bitten or sucked on slimed up with slobber-shoved in your mouth before you could do anything about it-yummy.

















After all of the fun, we packed up our sticky kids and headed home.

1 comment:

Laura said...

that looks so fun. i love trunk or treating!