Sunday, October 31, 2010

Family Home Evening

So I have told you before that Monday night is Family Home Evening. So last week we had a lesson on "Choosing the Right" so we told the boys the scriptures found in the Book of Daniel about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. Our kids learn things better when we act it out. So Kris was the wicked King Nebbuchadnezzer and Abram, Reese, and I were Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. We had a lot of fun and talked about how the Lord will protect you when you make good choices just like S,M,A made when they told the King they wouldn't worship the golden image because it was wrong. Then we made Choose the Right shields and "bad choices" were wadded up paper balls that the kids deflected with their shields and shouted out what they should do instead. Then we all took turns the rest of the week wearing the crown.





Afterwards we had caramel apples (Reese's first caramel apples).  I mean after all of that fighting bad choices, it sure works up an appetite.




No comments: