Saturday, November 22, 2008

Second Time's a Charm.............

I just got back from seeing the movie again. Here is the story, I have some friends who are as obsessed as I am about this book. So we joked around about seeing it Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night. One of my obsessed friends had to go to Kentucky this week, so we said we would see it with her on Saturday. Then one of my fellow obsessors bought a ticket for Friday because that's what we had planned months ago-sooooo we are going three times this weekend-don't judge me. I tell you what, we all agreed that we liked it much better the second time than the first. I think it was because our expectations weren't as high. Either way, there you have it.

6 comments:

I am LoW said...

I can see that- plus (I would imagine) you'd be over comparing it to the book and just plain old watching it.

Marla said...

Oh LOL!! Are you kidding? That's funny. How much is a movie these days? I haven't been in forever.

erin said...

I saw it for the first time today and loved it! I was ready to go buy another ticket and see the next showing. You're so lucky to have seen it 3 times already! I also thought the same thing - why couldn't it have been 3 hours long? The 2 hours were over before I knew it.

andrea said...

Beth!!! I was thinking about you all day on Thursday! I went with Heather on Friday and I agree. I was dying (laughing) at some parts! It was definitely funny where the book was more brooding and intense. I am planning on seeing it again with Chris and my parents soon.
I would have watched it again that night if I could have. But, I kind of think if you haven't read the book and then you watch the movie, you might like it...but you would think all of those who are obsessed with it are completely nutzoid. ya know?

Carrie Maseda said...

We had a girls' night out on Friday and went to go see the movie. I really liked it, but I went into it not expecting it to be just like the book. If Rich wouldn't give me a hard time, I would go see it again; I guess I will wait and get it on Netflix.

Katy said...

Maybe I need to see it a second time. I thought it was terrible! The intense gazing into each others' eyes was maddening! Jasper was terrible--he just looked surprised all the time.