Tuesday, November 11, 2008

DRAMA in the "hood"

Let me start off by saying I live in a really good neighborhood. It's one of those "cookie cutter" neighborhoods where every other house looks exactly the same. The people are super nice, and get excited to decorate their homes with whatever holiday is coming next. And that's what you think until 11:45pm when our doorbell rang last night. Kris and I were in bed and looked at each other like "What the?" It was a police officer. The conversation went like so:

Officer: "Good evening, we are having some problems with one of your neighbors, so don't be alarmed if you hear us talking on the bullhorn."

Kris: "Is there anything we can do to help?"

Officer: "No thanks, we have it under control. What side of the house is your bedroom located?"

Kris points to the side they are.

Officer: "Good, better stay on that side of the house."

Kris: "Okay, good night."

then to me...

Kris: "Beth! I think there is a stand off at the neighbors house!"

Me (in a high pitch quiet voice): "What is going on? Which neighbors? Why would they say to stay on that side of the house? Is there someone with a GUN?! DO we need to get Abram and have him in our room tonight?!"

Kris: "I think we'll be okay."

When I went outside today I found this on my mailbox!!



Apparently it was a close neighbor and they had blocked off the street!!! Yikes, super scary in the "Safest town in Alabama".

Hopefully everyone is safe and all right tonight.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Oh. mygosh! Glad you are safe! How weird is that!

Marla said...

YIKES!! Did you see anything on the news?? That is so weird!! I don't think I would have slept and would have been looking out the windows to see what was going on!!

I am LoW said...

Oh.MY!! How freaky!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh that is crazy! It's good to hear from you! It's fun to see everyone's blogs. Abram is adorable. Kase said hello and to tell Kris Hi! i'm glad you guys are ok!! OHHH AND congratulations on the baby!!!!

erin said...

Wow... kinda reminds me of the Heartbreak Hotel in Nashville.

Windy said...

I think they actually meant to come after you because today some cop came by and asked me a few questions about you. *TWILIGHT!!!*