So I went to the midnight showing of Twilight last night. By the way, this is not recommended if you have a 2 year old. What I mean by this is, if you are feeling all crazy, and need a night out with the girls, so you decide this would be an awesome idea, but then you don't get to bed until 3am-ish and then your cute little muffin wakes up at 6ish, it makes for a very, VERY long day.
I am hesitant to do a review this early because I know many of you haven't seen it yet. Therefore I will try to be very vague, and if you don't want to read this....I understand-so stop now.
First of all, I need to say that I have never been to a movie that I have read the
book. This is sad, but I am not much of a reader, that is, until this series came along. I knew the movie wouldn't be as good as the book-it's impossible. There is no way that you can cram so many pages into 2 hours, I was prepared for that. So, some of it felt very rushed (obviously). I thought the actors for the main characters were better than I thought they would be. Rob Pattinson is a great Edward and all of the "tension", charm, and smoothness was portrayed very well by him. It was also a lot funnier than I thought it would be-but this is because I read the book, so even though so many things weren't explained (due to lack of time), knowing the background made some of the little comments throughout pretty hilarious. In fact, I found myself laughing out loud many times.
The action was awesome-particularly (this was on previews, so I am not ruining anything) the baseball scene and the dance studio scene-very intense. There was also some cheesy parts that they could have left out or substituted for more of what was in the book (you will know what I am talking about when you see it). I know this is very vague-but like I said before, I do not want to ruin it for those going to see it. I do hope if you go see it, that you have read the book, otherwise it may come across as a teeny bopper cheesy movie.
So overall, I liked it. And I am going to see it again tonight (long story) so I may have a different account as of tonight because the theater in my town has a 21 and over showing, I guess to cut down on the screaming when the hot guy comes on the screen. While on the way home, I was thinking that I sat through 3 hours of Titanic and The Lord of the Rings, why couldn't they have added another hour to this???? Please leave your comments if you have seen it......hope I didn't ruin anything!!
1 comment:
I haven't seen it YET, so I hope it's okay to comment. :-D
You did great with the review, in the being vague part. Thanks!
So many (way more) awesome books out there, are you inspired to pick up reading again? Inquiring minds wanna know.
And did Kris punch your spleen? haha
Post a Comment