Saturday, April 26, 2008
The SECRET....at least for now anyways.....
Okay, so Abram needed a haircut-again, because the whack job the lady did a few weeks ago was growing out like a crazy mullet. So I decided to go ahead and try it, I mean, I have 3 weeks until my sister's wedding, and boy hair grows fast right? And I could always take him to the barber in the morning if it was horrible, right? So here is what I did. I told Abram that we were going to do something really cool and cut Daddy's hair. So I took him in the bathroom and Kris showed him the clippers, and turned them on. The screaming started, but we had him hold them for a minute and he calmed down. Then, I got a "special chair" the stool from the living room and told him we needed to pick out a special movie for daddy. So he chose and Elmo one (of course) and I got our small portable DVD player that we purchased for a plane ride over Christmas out and propped it up on the sink (I am thinking a laptop would have worked too). Abram sat in Kris's lap and they started the movie I turned on the clippers (scared to death) and started away. It bothered him a little, but once he was entranced by Elmo he didn't seem to mind. So I did it. And you wanna know something funny? The first time Abram got his hair cut the lady at the barber shop used clippers and I thought (because he was struggling and bucking like a young bronco) that she nicked him a couple times on the back of his head-but actually, he has really blond hair in a couple of spots on the back of his head that look like it is thinned out. Well we all survived and he did AWESOME!!! Elmo saved the day! The only part that kind of bothered him was when I started to do Kris's hair and it started falling on him while he was watching the movie:).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment