Monday, April 21, 2008

I am one of "those" people.......

It is a sad discovery for me actually. You see, I am pretty obsessed about checking people's blogs. I get really frustrated when people don't update for a while, because I love to see how eveyone is doing and look at their cute pictures of their kids, get great ideas or recipes, etc. So then I notice that I haven't posted since last Tuesday!! Now I am the slacker!!! I must say, in my defense, that we have been busy. Kris and I both gave talks this past Sunday at church, I have a new calling as the 16-17 year old Sunday School teacher, so I had a lesson to prepare for, keeping up with the house is a constant battle, and I found out that some of our friends from TN that we haven't talked to in FOREVER now live about an hour away!!
In the meantime, we have been having arts and crafts time at our house, and Abram LOVES it. I have a lot of friends who are the most creative, expert, wonderful, amazing people, and it is awesome/sickening to look at their blogs sometimes because seriously, it almost goes like so: "Today was kind of a laid back day, so we just made a quilt in the morning, a home video before lunch documenting the tree house in the backyard we built over the weekend, this afternoon we went and fed the poor, cleaned the house, started a charity drive, then this evening after a very spiritual, well planned out family home evening lesson, we watched the video while we snuggled up under the quilt munching on homemade cookies that we made from our cocoa tree planted in our backyard. Unfortunately, we didn't get to save the planet from pollution because I went into labor with my 16th child, but that is on the agenda for tomorrow." Seriously, almost word for word. Well, we do fun stuff too, it's just not all documented :). At the end of last week I remembered a craft I did with my class when I worked at daycare (10+ years ago). We made Sesame Street characters. Abram is quite the Elmo and Cookie Monster fan, so we decided to do them first. They turned out pretty cute for the amateurs we are, I think the whole cast will make an appearance on the fridge this week. I know, laugh it up-they are pretty funny.



We did a little comaparison.....


4 comments:

I am LoW said...

You are hillarious!

Jennifer said...

Love it!!! I am so going to steal that craft and put Elmo and Cookie Moster on OUR fridge!!!!

Marla said...

LOL Those are really cute by the way!! What is it foam? I may have to do that this summer.

Beth said...

It's just construction paper, it is OBVIOUSLY very easy. But he loves it!