Sunday, February 9, 2014

Shark Teeth October 2013

Abram has been trying to lose a tooth since he was four. No joke. One day I walked in and saw that he had marks on the foot board of his bed. I asked if he had been driving cars alongside it-nope, not cars, just HIS TEETH!!! "Mo-om, I really want to loose a tooth!" Thankfully the scratched foot board kept me from laughing-poor kid. So we had a talk about loosing teeth, and waited, and waited, and waited, and he would swear that one was loose, and yet-it didn't really happen. But then he started complaining that his tooth hurt-I kind of blew it off until a lump started forming behind a tooth-lo and behold, his big tooth was growing in behind it!! This poor kid who had been TRYING TO LOSE A TOOTH FOR 2 YEARS had a tooth growing in behind it, not making the one in front loose enough to fall out. I looked up some info and found out it's sometimes referred to as "shark teeth"-which being a shark lover-Abram was content with that. Thinking maybe his love of sharks could have been a contributing factor. Okay, I may have suggested that to ease the disappointment. So we visited the dentist...


Abram is so funny, whenever he gets nervous he is always polite about it. He kept saying, "Uhhh...no thanks." and as you will notice, he kept one and a half legs over the side in case he needed to make a quick get a away-seriously. At first he kept sitting up, "...uhhhh no thanks, no thanks." The dentist came in and asked if he could help with that tooth. "Uhhh no thanks" as I was nodding enthusiastically. A little numbing cream, a sweet set of pliers-and it was out. Abram was in shock.























Reese also got to visit the dentist (for his first time) a few days later. He thought it was great, chatted it up with the hygienist for a good 15 minutes-until he realized the equipment he had been playing with was actually to be used on him......and then the screaming started, and the hyperventilating, and the "scene" making-oh and did I tell you I saw someone I used to work with-there with her kids? Yaaaah. The funny part was he almost got an x-ray done (which I think is the "hardest part" because of the stuff you have to hold in your mouth makes you gag). He had the stuff in his mouth fine, sat down and as soon as she was about to click the picture (you know, where nothing happens-except a picture) the screaming started again.

We left without getting his teeth cleaned.

No comments: