Sunday, February 9, 2014

First Grade and Preschool 2013

We were rezoned this year because of a new school being built. Abram's new school is A LOT bigger than the one he went to Kindergarten. I was a little nervous about that, but so far he has only gotten lost once :) This was the first year he became a bus rider (on the way home)-I was really nervous about that too-UNTIL we became the first stop and I realized not only did he love the bus, but waiting five minutes at the bus stop versus 45 minutes on the street was a little piece of heaven. First day of school...






















The Reesemiester started preschool the next week. There was a definite transition period-but now he LOVES it, even when he says he doesn't I know he does. He will constantly talk about what he learns, or shout fun facts and I will ask how he knew and he says, "Ms. Mary told me." His teachers are fantastic-I love them. They love Reese, and that is the best part. I don't even mind when he is upset that I am there to pick him up because he is "busy". He was also excited to bring his lunch to school.




















This one is blurry, but I was waiting for the "Don't leave me!" speech, and instead I got the, "Hey, there's Daniel." (friend from church) and he sat down and got to it. Might I say it was the strangest feeling walking away without a child?? I constantly felt like I was missing something all day.

No comments: