I feel like there is so much I have left out in an attempt to get my blog up to date. It's overwhelming to say the least, and hard because now that I am past this, the emotions aren't as raw, and although they are easier to write about-I feel sad that it won't convey how I was feeling at the time. Honestly, August-February was
really hard for our family. Kris started back in construction (which was an answer to prayer and fasting) but it required him to be gone all week, home on the weekends-which turned into every other weekend, which turned into being gone a month at a time. I struggled, and would not have made it through if I didn't have amazing friends. It's the truth. Friends who invited us to dinner, friends who watched my kids so I could have "alone time" to go to the grocery store, friends who would have play dates with me to make the day go faster, friends that would have their kids watch mine and let me have a much needed girls night. Dang it, I get teary eyed just thinking about it. It was so hard, and yet I made a commitment. I knew that if I did was I supposed to do, Heavenly Father would do the rest-and He did. Literally, I felt like I lowered my head and just kept moving forward. On nights when I was alone and cleaning up vomit for the third time, stripping sheets, freaking out because Abram put his hand in it, and then I slipped and fell in it at 3am. Where I had to literally laugh out loud or I would have curled up in a ball and just sobbed uncontrollably. But, my burdens were made light. I was able to keep trudging on.
I was able to run the Ragnar again last year. I was stronger this year, because I knew what to train for. It was really fun, and because we had some really fast runners this year, we got to start about three hours and we finished 2 and a half hours earlier than we planned. My amazing friend Lori made her traditional movie......
and if that isn't enough to motivate you to be in a van for 36 hours and run I don't know what will.
After Ragnar, Halloween came quickly-the kiddos went for a Star Wars theme and were the cutest Darth Vader
and Jango Fett
you have ever seen.
Since we had a candy overload, the boys and I decided to go to the Pumpkin Patch ON Halloween. This was pretty much the best decision ever, due to the fact there were maybe five families there along with the teenagers that worked there. No waiting, and we did whatever we wanted as much as we wanted. It was a ghost town, and we loved it.
There was a nice wind, and the only thing that was missing was Kris.
No comments:
Post a Comment