A quarter marathon is 6.55 miles. I just wanted to clarify because I didn't know how long it was when I was convinced to sign up. In fact, I had run twice since Ragnar and had a month to train because I was being a slacker. I ran with two of my cousins, and just as an FYI-super awesome to train in Tennessee and race in Ohio-just sayin. There are no hills, in fact the "hill" of the race-I only knew it was a hill because the heads of the racers in front of me elevated slightly. My cousin Lisa said, "I think that was the hill." I told her not to jinx it because surely we would turn the corner and there it would be-nope. Ohio doesn't have many hills-I was grateful for this. It was a great race. Too bad I haven't run since, because it was pretty fun. Best part was running with my family.
At the end, I didn't realize how tired I was until I stopped and the vendors had bagels, fruit, water, etc. and we were walking like zombie mumbling things like, "Fooooood......waaaaater.....leeegggs soooore.....can't bend down.....afraid can't get up..." (No, that part isn't pictured)
Richie ran the half marathon-he was flying past "Rich Street" and I had to get a pic...
No comments:
Post a Comment