Sunday, June 30, 2013

Reese Turns 4

My baby turned FOUR on April 22nd. He was so excited we counted down the days for weeks. he was so indecisive about what kind of party he wanted. First it was Space Angry Birds, then Dinosaurs, then Space Angry Birds Dinosaurs, then Star Wars Angry Birds, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the week before. Reese's birthday has been on Easter break for the past couple of years, so the Ridleys (minus Matt) were able to come and celebrate. Reese wanted just a family party this year and he wanted to have it at home. I was more than okay with that, less stressful for me. I bought his cake this year-which I never do-I got all ridiculously emotional about it. I don't know why, I have always made their cakes so I felt like I was cheating them. It's so funny, because looking back now, or any advice I would give to a friend would be, "Seriously, stressing over a cake?" But at the time, it was such a big deal to me. So instead of making his cake, I bought one and put a couple of toys he has been wanting on top. Did he glare at me and tell me I ruined his birthday? Did he say thanks for all of the therapy he was going to endure for traumatizing him not making his cake for his 4th birthday? Of course not. he licked the icing off the feet of his toys after he blew out his candle and everything was great. I made ninja masks for the kiddos and Reese wore his, until the party started. He would only supervise in the "ninja moves" part of the party-and that was fine-it was his birthday afterall. In fact, he was pretty low key.....
























 ....until we busted out the piñata.





















Then the real ninja came out....











































Little kids trying to whack a piñata is probably one of the most entertaining things ever....























He loaded up on awesome toys and legos. It was a great day.

At Four years old...
-He loves Ninja Turtles, Superheroes, Dinosaurs, most days his brother
-He loves making burp noises....a lot
-He loves building things, loves legos
-He loves all things Star Wars
-He likes scary things and being the bad guy
-His favorite colors these days are green and pink
-He loves Elephant and Piggie books, and pretty much anything Abram reads to him
-Gives the best hugs and will scream "BOA CONSTRICTOR!" and squeeze you really tight
-Loves the reptiles at the zoo
-Loves talking about grose things (boogers, stinky arm pits, etc)
-He is 100% at all times, whatever the direction
-You never have to wonder where you stand with this one, he will tell you-although that opinion will change in 2 minutes.
-He still calls me Mama, or Mommy

He pretty much drives me crazy and melts my heart simultaneously. I am grateful to be his Mom.

No comments: