Saturday, June 29, 2013

Since January....

Plenty of pictures by phone Part 2-

Let's see...we have been having fun being able to go to the LIBRARY!!! Can I tell you how excited I am that my kids LOVE books?! And that we can actually go into a library and BE QUIET and STILL and NOT MAKE A SCENE!! I haven't taken the kids to the library in a while, except for VERY brief periods because I was traumatized. The Reesemiester has never been a fan of being quiet, or still-so  the library was his arch nemesis as a toddler. He caused a scene one time I literally left Abram with someone I barely knew, ran to the other side (sweating because that was the day everyone seemed t have obedient children) covering his mouth as he was SCREAMING the Batman theme song, and crying when I was trying to muffle his creativity with my hand. He was 18 months-ish. It's funny to see those parents of those children now-while I have the one who sits and listens. Although I fid that some don't care when their children is loud, obnoxious, or climbing all over strangers-like last week. But that is a rant for another time, we love the library. Particularly the juvenile section where all of the animal books are....






If it's animals or Elephant and Piggie-we are all about it.
 
We went to the convention center for a Health Fair and Reese found a climbing wall and asked if he could "do that". I told him he could ask, thinking there was no way....


It was at this point, he looked down and said in a nervous tone, "I'm done, can I get down now?"
 
It snowed in January, which was super exciting, since this is Tennessee and we don't get much in these here parts...





Sad attempt at a snow angel in the slush.

My cousin Danny surprised us with a visit. Kris attempted to try and sled by using the top of our sandbox-it was awesome. It went something like this-him yelling cowabunga or something, jumping to where his knees landing on the turtle shell, Kris went forward without the "sled" with such force he rolled down the hill, and jumped up with an Olympic gymnast pose. It was awesome.
 
Reese got freakishly good at building....



In February we went to the aquarium...








...and we moved the kiddos into bunk beds!!



In March it was Spring Break! We took a trip to Ohio! It was just me and the boys. My cousin Matt was fixing my van and we had to go up a day early because the Ohio weather guy predicted this...







 We made some legit snow angels....


And discovered how Ohioans go sledding without hills....


Made the world's largest snowball......





Made Snowmen.....
 And that was just the first day we were there!

 
 

 

No comments: