We had lunch at the Pirate House, supposedly a true pirate hangout back in the day, and I have two stories for you after the cute pictures.....
Anyone remember when I was stressing about Abram not eating meat of any kind, besides McDonald's chicken nuggets (gag, I know). And how I tried the ol' "You'll sit at the table
until your finished." and it didn't work, and how he would get so upset he would throw
up all over the table because he didn't want to eat? And how I cried and stressed over it?
If I wasn't feeling so lazy, I would link you to a post. It was stressful, and I was worried-
something has happened this past year-tastebud change, maybe? I don't know. But on
vacation this 5 1/2 year old went crazy and tried so many new things-crab, shrimp,
cole slaw, fish sticks, and while we were looking at the menu he asked, "Does this
place have cheeseburgers?" and I tried not to look shocked and told him I thought
for sure they did, but he would have to eat it if he ordered one. Abram said, in a
matter of fact way, "I really think I would like a cheeseburger."
And he did.
I almost cried a little.
And yes, yes I did take a picture to document this moment.
The last time I was at this restaurant there was a "pirate" walking around looking/acting/sounding just like Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Carribean. No joke, he was great. We did see a pirate this time around-however, I am assuming this was the "kid friendly" pirate as he had a very effeminate voice and a "bless your heart" kind of English accent. I am sure there might have been pirates with such a voice/bad accent back in the day, but it was hard not to have my mouth hang open when he whipped out his flute and acted like he could play so that we could "dance to a jig" or told us of sailing the seas and having "adventures". Especially when he avoided all of Abram's pirate expert questions about sword fighting and treasure hunting to go hang out at another table with kids who weren't old enough to talk-I am pretty suspicious that he might not be a pirate afterall.....
As you can see, he was an awfully clean cut pirate too. On our way out, we saw a more realistic looking pirate. Abram shouted, "Look a real pirate!!" and made some conversation. The pirate obliged and answered his questions enthusiastically (complete with a pirate accent). As we were walking away, Abram said, "MOM! Did you see his teeth?! He must've been a real pirate!" I couldn't tell if his teeth were "in character" or not, but he could have definitely given some pointers to the guy we saw.
No comments:
Post a Comment