Monday, August 13, 2012

12 Years

We celebrated our 12th anniversary this past weekend. Friday night we had a date night, courtesy of Aunt Natalie (thanks for watching the kiddos!) and Saturday we headed out to Cades Cove. It has been WAY TOO long since I have been there. I didn't want to promise the kids we would see animals, so we just called it our "Adventure Day" and let what happen, happen.

We saw horses....
We walked up to see cabins.....




















And checked out their "backyards"...




















and realized that when you decide to leave late, and are on adventure during naptime you get pictures like this...
and this (Reese covering his face screaming, "No! I won't smile ever again!)....
(I promise, we did really have fun!)
We decided some swinging was in order to get rid of the grumps....


We will do this soon Abram, just for you.....














We had only seen horses and one deer by this point, and started to get a little sad, so someone decided a joke was in order....

(Get it? Hardy har har) We took a break and climbed a tree..

Just when we thought we wouldn't see any other animals,
Kris spotted this....

Sometimes he has a tough time focusing the camera, but in this case I liked it because it looks like one of those "Bigfoot" pictures. Luckily this fella was going the same direction as we were and needed to cross the road...














But our car was in the way, he thought about turning around....


 We moved instead, and let him cross. This bear was probably 6 feet from our car.

Did I mention I love Tennessee? Because I do.

Are you looking at me?

It was a fantastic day, ending with a trip to Subway and a country store for some treats and apple butter. 12 down, forever to go...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Beautiful!!! Happy anniversary! I love the picture of Reese kissing you.