Abram turned 5 on a Wednesday. We had big plans of making over the boys room as part of his present, he was going to have some buddies over that Friday, I was going to make "Creature Power Suits", it was going to be awesome.....
Rewind to his first birthday-we were living outside Savannah and I was making a "cow cake". My sister came and was "helping" me. I got distracted and forgot to add oil-this caused a 1a.m. run to Kroger. Every year I have bought two boxes of cake mix since. But for some reason every year I am making that late night store run, seriously. And this year was no different. You see I had a master plan-and then his preschool decided to do picture day that day. I was a little nervous for making cupcakes with bright blue icing like he wanted. Can't you just see it? Preschoolers with blue teeth? Blue icing all over white shirts? Super freaked out mothers that take preschool pictures way too seriously coming after me in their minivans? So I talked to his teachers, and I did really try. I tried my new cake pop making machine, and it failed me. I had gone to a high school choir concert (and had crazy flashbacks) that a few of the girls from church I work with are in, so I got a late start anyway. They were an epic failure which caused me at 1am to go back to the original plan. All good right? I even had my trusty extra cake mix, but what I didn't have was all of the icing ingredients!!! So off I went to Walmart. The "funny" part? Every. Single. Year. I have had to go to the grocery stpre in the middle of the night. And then after sleeping 3 hours, woke up so that I could make sure this happened.....
The sleepy birthday boy (Kris put their jammies on).....
Abram had got a package in the mail that he had to open. It was SO sweet-he said as he was opening, "I hope it's something I can share with Reese."
and it was...
His class went to pictures before snack, so that worked out perfect. And then that night we went to the Pizza Kitchen for some awesome food with the family. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures.
Isaac finished off the cupcake!
I was so thankful that we celebrated that night, because then Reese got sick and we had to cancel the party-Abram was SO sad. But then another blessing-some friends of ours gave us extra tickets they had to the Shriners circus! So Abram and I went with Natalie and Isaac while Kris stayed home with Reese. (Can I just say that even though we left at intermission because it was a forever long/way too late for the kiddos-it was SO good and I was really impressed).
Time is going by too fast. I was rewinding on the blog and going back looking at when he was so little....I'm not going to lie-I got pretty emotional. He is so smart and funny and fun to be with. He asks the most bizarre and thought provoking questions. He has no idea how loved he is. I am so grateful for him, even when he is leaping into the air-out of the Bishop's seat in front of the congregation and spinning in circles and waving during the primary program at church.......but that is a story for another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment